Please note that Hannah Pickering retains all rights to all artwork, even those of sold & commissioned original paintings. Hannah retains the right to make reproductions of any and all artwork she create unless the collector has purchased the full rights to the artwork (this is in addition to simply purchasing the original). The collector or buyer may not reproduce the artwork in any way without written permission.
The collector has the right to display the artwork in their home or business. Artwork may not be resold or reproduced for profit in any way without the artist’s written permission. Collector may not charge admission for works on display without written permission from the artist; any admission fees must be mutually agreed upon in writing and shared accordingly.
Please let Hannah know if you are interested in purchasing full rights to a painting.
Artist’s Reserved Rights Transfer and Sale Agreement:
- ARTIST'S EXHIBITION: Artist may show the Work for up to sixty (60) days once every five (5) years at a nonprofit institution at no expense to Purchaser, upon written notice no later than one hundred twenty (120) days before opening and upon satisfactory proof of insurance and prepaid transportation.
- ARTIST'S ACCESS: Artist may have access to photograph the Work at no expense to Purchaser and upon reasonable notice to Purchaser.
- NON DESTRUCTION: Purchaser will not permit any intentional destruction, damage, or modification of the Work.
- RESTORATION: If the Work is damaged, Purchaser will consult Artist before any restoration and must give Artist first opportunity to restore it, if practicable.
- RENTS: If the Work is rented, Purchaser must pay Artist fifty (50) % of the rents within thirty (30) days of receipt.
- COPYRIGHT & REPRODUCTION: Artist retains copyright for and reserves all rights to reproduce the Work.
- RESALE AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP: Purchaser must notify Artist within thirty (30) days if a Work is transferred to a new owner by sale, gift, or any other method of transfer. All terms of this agreement will apply to any holder after transfer of ownership.